Discovering DC: Clarendon

2.8.13

This week's Discovering DC heads to Clarendon with Alicia from River City Chic!

What's your history with Clarendon and DC? 
I actually had the pleasure of growing up in the D.C. area! I moved to NOVA when I was five years old and fell in love with this area at a very early age. After I graduated high school, I went off to school in Philly, did a couple internships in New York, finished up my degree at Virginia Commonwealth University. After moving to all these different cities up and down the Mid-Atlantic and being away from the area for five years, I knew I wanted to return to D.C. to launch my PR career. Clarendon is such a fun area for a young professional!

Discovering Clarendon - what are your favourite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch? 
I love to shop at South Moon Under at the Market Common Clarendon, their jewelry selection is always superior and they have a great mix of brands to choose from. I'm a huge fan of the Great American Restaurants, so I don't mind venturing to Shirlington for dinner at Carlyle. Me and my friends love to go out on good old Wilson Boulevard, and you can frequently spot us at Spider Kelly's, Clarendon Rooftop/Ballroom, or one of the many nightlife spots in that area. As for people watching, you can't beat the metro. You'll see every type of person from every walk of life on the metro, it's incredibly diverse!

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Clarendon? 
Brunch is a must! I'm a big fan of brunch at Whitlow's, but I also love to hop on the metro and try new places. I love to attend one of the many food/art/music/cultural festivals that always seem to be happening in the area, they're an awesome way to experience new things.

Alicia
Check out more posts in the Discovering DC archive here.

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground