Investment Pieces: A Classic Bag

9.1.14

Perhaps out of any piece in your wardrobe, a classic bag is the best investment. From an early age I purchased Mulberry bags (before the prices increased!) and I now have a varied stash of bags that I pull out time and time again. I've now moved on to other designers, notably those from France and Italy, and these have been some of the best purchases I've ever made.

So if you are looking to buy a classic handbag, who should you consider?


The Givenchy medium Nightingale has become a fast classic, and comes in a myriad of colors and materials. This black leather lamb model features two top handles, a detachable zip detailed shoulder strap and gold hardware. Inside you will find zipped pockets and pouches, a full cotton lining and a two way zip fastening.

I myself, am partial to a bit of Prada- and I love the black Saffiano classic purse. Visit Prada for more details on the different sizes and colors available.

Another classic, 'dream' bag is the Kelly by Hermes. We've all heard of the insanely long waits for one of these purses- so if you are serious, get your name on the list and start saving now!

I recently purchased a vintage Louis Vuitton Speedy- and it is fast becoming my go to day bag. Check out Vestaire Collective for a fine selection of vintage models.

What's your dream classic handbag?

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground