Tips for short haul trip packing

20.5.15


I regularly travel on long haul journeys so this week's short haul trip to Edinburgh feels like luxury!

Having just returned from a long journey, packing a suitcase is the last thing that I want to do. For long haul journeys I've got the suitcase and the routine down to a fine art, so packing for less than five days is feeling like a bit of a challenge! I'm not a girl who travels lightly, so the thought of taking the bare minimum is causing quite a panic.

Here's what my short trip haul is looking like so far:

Bag

My large L.L. Bean tote (complete with monogram!) is a serious contender for all my essentials. It's strong, durable and incredibly roomy.

Shoes

I usually travel with five pairs of shoes.... so this trip I am aiming for three. My New Balance x Bergdorf Goodman sneakers will be on my feet when I travel and for exploring the city. They are the most comfortable sneakers EVER! I'll pack my pair of Chanel ballet flats for the daytime events when I need to be a bit dressy, and my J.Crew leopard wedges for nighttime fun!

Clothes

Here's where the dilemma begins... what's the weather going to be like? I've been advised to take a coat with me, so I'll be taking my trusty Barbour jacket which has literally travelled the world with me.

A pair of black jeans and x2 black pants will be perfect to mix and match for travelling and for each day, and I'll throw in a super light asymmetrical linen black jacket for hopping between lunches, meetings and sightseeing.

My stash of trusty striped Breton tees in every color scheme imaginable will also be making an appearance, as will some cute lace tops in black and white for the evenings. Simple is best!

I'll also throw in a few favourite pieces of knitwear that I can mix and match, and two neutral scarves depending on what top I'll be wearing.

Accessories

I'll take my most personal of jewels as well as this fun necklace from Knotty Gal for nighttime fun! I'll also be using my Chanel bag in the evenings and for when I don't need to carry my large Longchamp tote.

Beauty

This is one area that I excel at. I've amassed quite a collection of travel sized toiletries for my various trips, and my washbag has to be one of the most organised I've ever seen! I have travel sized versions of my favourite make-up items, and just pack my regular brushes to make sure something stays the same!

Other Essentials

Work won't stop for me- I'll be taking my MacBook, various chargers as well as my Nikon for those essential sightseeing snaps.

How do you pack for a short-haul trip? Does the dreaded baggage allowance stress you out? Share your tips with me in the comments! 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground