Discovering DC: Arlington

1.3.13

This week, 'Discovering DC' takes a trip to Arlington with Chelsea from Classy Chic and Chardonnay!


What's your history with Arlington and DC?
I grew up in a Northern VA suburb so when I moved back up here after graduating from Christopher Newport University, I knew I wanted to live in Arlington. A couple months after graduation, I moved into an apartment in Ballston and just about 6 months ago I moved into a house near the East Falls Church metro (but it’s still considered Arlington!) I love how convenient Arlington is to pretty much everywhere... DC, Tysons, Alexandria, and Bethesda are all just a quick metro/car ride away!

Discovering Arlington- what are your favorite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch?
There are so many delicious places to eat in Arlington but if I had to narrow it down I would chose Rustico in Ballston. Rustico offers a seasonal menu with robust cooking, over 400 beers and dim lighting. It’s a great date night spot!

A bunch of my college friends also live in Arlington so we try to get together as much as possible! Very often we find ourselves drinking wine at Oby or Northside Social. Both places offer a comfy, sit-and-stay-awhile atmosphere. But when we’re looking to relive our college years, gossip, and people watch [during the warmer months] we’re regulars at Pete’s Apizza’s patio in Clarendon! It’s right across from Circa so you see all sorts of Arlington folk and if you go on Mondays, all pizzas are half off!

I work in Tysons, right across from the Galleria, so I do a lot of my shopping during my lunch hour but when I want to go shopping on the weekends there’s no better place than Clarendon’s Market Common! There’s South Moon Under, The Loft, Free People, Ann Taylor, Crate and Barrel, and just down the street is Current Boutique. It’s like a one stop shop!

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Arlington?
A perfect Saturday afternoon would be spent with a group of friends at the Westover Beer Garden & Haus. It’s right off of Washington Blvd. attached to the Westover Market. I went there on a date for the first time and since then I think of every excuse to go back. It’s small… only a couple tables and spots at the bar so you have to beat the regulars if you want a seat. The beer selection changes every couple of days and they offer a variety of wine. If you’re hungry you can chow down on a grilled cheese or burger and when you’ve decided to leave, just walk into the market and grab one of their 1,000 types of six-packs to go!


Chelsea of Classy Chic and Chardonnay

You can follow Chelsea on Twitter here. For more posts in the Discovering DC archive click here.

1 comment :

madeco said...

It seems very attractive ! I don't know this place but I went to Chigaco and Los Angeles this past summers with my family and I loved it !I discover such wonderful names like Banana Republic, Tory Burch, Kate Spade ...Thanks for this post !

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground