The Political Style Gift Guide 2009: Literature Lovers

25.11.09

You have a friend or family member who is an avid fan of literature- which books should you consider purchasing? Read on for Political Style's favourite books of the year (and some timeless additions!)


#1: Mrs.O: The Face of Fashion Democracy by Mary Tomer ($17.15/£11.47)
Released by the owners of the popular Michelle Obama style-site, this book is laden with pictures from both the campaign trail and the first months of the White House. Featuring exclusive interviews with designers such as Maria Pinto, Jason Wu and Isabel Toledo this book is the perfect selection for any fan of the First Lady.


#2: True Compass by Edward M. Kennedy ($18.90/£13.48)
Finished shortly before his death this summer, Senator Kennedy's memoir talks of his childhood in London and the Cape, his experiences on the campaign trail, his accomplishments as Senator and the relationships with Presidents. It is a truly fascinating look into the life of 'Lion of the Senate.'


#3: Michelle Obama: A Portrait of the First Lady by Life ($16.06/£11.34)
I have just recently ordered my copy from Amazon, but going on my experiences of Life's Barack Obama tribute, I am confident that this book will be equally as fantastic!


#4: Chanel: Collections and Creations by Daniele Bott ($26.40)
This lavishly illustrated publication details the hidden side of the premier French fashion house and is ideal for any fashion fan.


#5: Read My Pins: Stories from a Diplomat's Jewel Box by Madeleine Albright ($23.40/£20.60)
I have recently featured this publication on Political Style, and readers will know how much I enjoyed looking at Albright's treasured pin collection. For anyone who wishes to see behind the scenes of diplomacy making (as well as a fair bit of style thrown in!), this book is for you.


#6: Promises to Keep by Joe Biden ($10.20/£8.24)
Although Vice-President Biden's memoir was released in 2008, I like to revisit his tales of both childhood and career to inspire me in my own life. I hope it will do the same for you!

#7 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($6/£3.95)
Although I have only just began the first novel in the Millennium trilogy, I am confident that I will soon be purchasing the two sequels!

(All prices correct on Amazon US and Amazon UK at time of being published)

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground