Discovering DC: Adams Morgan

28.6.13

This week's Discovering DC heads to Adams Morgan with Nicole of A Dash of Gold!

What's your history with Adams Morgan and DC?
I moved to DC from my native San Francisco 2 years ago. I spent the first 6 months living in the Eastern Market before moving to Adams Morgan. Adams Morgan reminds me a lot of the community in San Francisco and has quickly become my home away from home.  It is totally an up and coming area and I’m so happy to be here.

Discovering Adams Morgan- what are your favorite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch?
There is so much to see and do in Adams Morgan! My absolute hands down place to eat is Southern Hospitality on 18th and Colombia. The food and drinks are delicious and the service makes you feel at home. Make a reservation for their bottomless mimosa brunch because it fills up quickly. Be sure to also check out Smoke and Barrel for delicious BBQ, Perry’s for a warm roof top Happy Hour and The Diner for 24 hour breakfast. Need to study? Head to Tryst for a coffee and make yourself at home on one of their couches or love seats.  Shop at Violet for the cutest and trendiest clothing in the area and get styled by the owner is who is often working and sharing styling tips.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Adams Morgan?
My perfect day would start with practicing yoga at Stroga or The Studio DC and followed up by some pampering at Enchanted Nails (the mani/pedis last forever!) I might play some tennis with the BF at Marie Reed Rec Center or pack up a lunch from Astor Mediterranean and picnic at Meridian Hill Park.  On my way back, I’d stop by Pleasant Pops for a popsicle or stop by Jack Rose for an afternoon drink upstairs open air bar and people watch.  Out late night? I’d have to stop by Millie and Al’s (an Adams Morgan mainstay!) for an obligatory jello shot.

Nicole
For more posts in the Discovering DC archive click here. You can follow Nicole on Twitter here. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground